What can I import duty-free
The list is long:
- Up to 5 perfume bottles, each volume not exceeding 120 milliliters;
- Gifts worth up to 300 euros if the tourist is over 15 years old;
- Gifts totaling up to 145 euros if the tourist is 15 years or younger;
- Personal electronics devices. Their number is unlimited, but only 1 of each kind. For example, 1 cell phone, 1 tablet computer, 1 laptop. If you have two phones, customs officers may have questions;
- Musical instruments. They can be imported no more than three and all must be different. If you carry two harmonics, customs can not miss;
- Personal sports equipment;
- Bicycles, baby carriages, toys;
- Up to 1.5 kg of coffee (not important, cereal, ground or soluble);
- Up to 500 grams of tea;
- Up to 1 kilogram of chocolate or sweets;
The rest that does not fit into these categories or exceeds the limits, you need to declare.
Cigarettes and other tobacco products
Prices for cigarettes in Turkey are among the highest in the world, and for many tourists the issue of importing tobacco into this country is acute. It is important to remember that the import of tobacco products is allowed only to persons who have reached the age of 18.
Each adult tourist can bring: 200 cigarettes and 5 cigarillos, the weight of the cigarillos is not more than 3 grams. Or 50 cigars, about the weight of a cigar in the rules does not say anything. Or 200 grams of pipe tobacco and 200 pieces of cigarette paper, the rules are silent about cigarette filters. Or 50 grams of chewing tobacco. Or 200 grams of tobacco for hookah. Or 200 grams of snuff.
On electronic cigarettes and devices for wiping the rules do not say anything.
If this number is not enough, then there are several ways to import more. First, you can take an extra block and ask a non-smoking adult neighbor to take it, so do the most resourceful tourists.
Secondly, in addition to the above-mentioned amount, every guest of Turkey has the right to buy in local Duty-Free (at the Turkish airport) and freely import: up to 400 cigarettes or up to 100 cigars or 500 grams of pipe tobacco. This feature of the legislation of Turkey is very well known in local Duty-Free, the shelves of these stores are simply filled up with cigarettes, you can see in the photo above.