The cost of trips from airports is also fixed. But there is no point in bargaining, taxi drivers work at predetermined tariffs and do not bend at a price.
In Turkey it is often more advantageous to book an individual transfer from the airport beforehand than to use a taxi. The custom car will be cleaner, safer and more pleasant, and the price will probably be lower.
The cost of the trip consists of the price for landing in a taxi and the price of each kilometer of the way. Prices vary depending on the city. Landing costs from 3 to 3.5 Turkish liras . One kilometer costs from 2 to 3 Turkish liras.
The price of landing in a taxi: Antalya - 3 lira, Ankara - 3.1 lira, Istanbul - 3.2 lira, Izmir - 3 lira.
The price of a kilometer of the way: Antalya - 2,6 lira, Ankara - 2,7 lira, Istanbul - 2 lira, Izmir - 2,45 lira.
Price 1 hour of waiting: Antalya - 45 lira, Ankara - 25 lira, Istanbul - 21 lira, Izmir - 18 liras.
Tariffs in Turkey are two: Gyunduz (day) and Gets (night). On the counters, they are designated as "1" (day) and "2" (night). Carefully follow the counter, as Turkish taxi drivers have seen attempts to carry tourists during the day, but at night rates.
The night rate is 50% more expensive than the day rate. However, not in all cities this is so. For example, in Istanbul there is no difference in the cost of a trip at night and in the afternoon. At all resorts of Turkey in the Mediterranean Sea, a difference of 50% is present.
Tips for tourists
- Taxi cars in Turkey are not very high quality. Some have air conditioning, but often no. In many taxis, seat belts do not work. If the car did not like, just sit in the other.
- In Turkey it is not customary to give a tip to taxi drivers. Here it is decided to round off, for example, on the counter the trip went to 15.6 liras, you pay 16 liras. Although many taxi drivers look at tourists with hope - what if they add more?
- As in many Islamic countries, it is not customary for women in Turkey to be in the front seat next to the driver.
- On foreign tourist sites give such advice: always write down a taxi number or take pictures on a mobile phone. In case of deception, show the police number.
- Free taxis in Turkey prefer not to travel in search of passengers, but to stand still. Of course! At such a price of gasoline! If you want to call a taxi, do not stand by the carriageway with your arm extended with your thumb up. It is better to find the nearest parking lot or a special taxi call button.